Sunday, February 08, 2009

A TEARFUL GOODBYE

After 17 1/2 years in Mansfield and almost 30 in the DFW area, we moved south. Greg was transferred to the Houston area and we relocated to Montgomery. The weeks and months prior to the move were so busy, that it hardly seemed possible we were leaving. Once the moving van arrived, it really hit us hard. I cried that whole last day, especially as I painted over the markings on the wall of the kids' height measurements!! ( I am crying now even as I type this)














4 comments:

Unknown said...

We were sad to see you go too! Ryan is so excited to see his Mamaw on wed!!

Unknown said...

Dear Debbie, it does seem strange that you are no longer in Mansfield, but it looks like you have already made a home out of your new house. I do hope that everything goes well for all of you and that you will adjust to your new surroundings quickly. I also want to thank you for being with us. You will never know how much that meant to us. Enjoy all your new adventures that I am sure you will find in Montgomery! Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Jo

Unknown said...

Wow....you are Speedy Gonzales...your new house looks like a beautiful HOME already! I enjoyed going through your blog and seeing all your cute picturs. I just started blogging about 6 months ago but have made all sorts of cyber friends. Blogging's also made me look at the world differently....trying to come up with new things to blog about!

I hope you have an easy transition into life..I'm glad you are able to have lots of land for horses at the new place!

Pwood said...

Well.... that made me cry. I was glad to see the house one last time while we were in the states. So many memories there that I will treasure my whole life! Luckly for us.... it isn't a place that makes the family special! I can't wait to see the new house and make some new memories there! Love you and Great blog!